Stream of Consciousness

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Sometimes it's ok to trail off.


Ever notice when you ask certain people a question or attempt to siphon some feedback, they start to answer then mumble until incoherent? I've encountered this many times, even done it myself on occasion, I believe. What causes this? Is there some function in the brain that just spasms and this is a biproduct? There probably is no answer and there never will be. How do I know this? I studied Physical Attributes of the Cerebral Metatorso and hypothesized that this impossibility is not only impossible, but completely unhappenable. Furthermore, I don't eat fish. Perhaps this is because they swuss foob nuzzelt preed duba choofu snig mmmffns...

4 Comments:

  • Yes, I too have noticed the way people trail off their dialogue. Unlike you, I rarely do that because I have always had a more than ample voice. It kind of drives my wife nuts. Sometimes she asks if I can't just shut my trap for ten minutes!

    My son is a half-hearted speaker until he gets to know his audience, but my daughter (the elder of the two...the baby can't talk yet...but she SURE CAN SCREAM!) is painfully shy and has a perpetual state of the mumbles. But we are working on it.

    By Blogger tlcreb17, at 11:32 PM  

  • Oh...something went wrong during my first view. THe picture of the guy grimacing wasn't there. Now he is.

    Is this a picture of a guy bemoaning his poor bank balance?

    Or is he one of the poor wretches chosen to study hanging Floridian chads in the 2000 Presidential race.

    My vote goes to the chads...

    By Blogger tlcreb17, at 11:43 PM  

  • Not sure. Just an engaging image I came across during a google image search. I thought I might have a use for it someday...Looks like that day has come.

    It wasn't there earlier because it was broken. I was the only one seeing it because it was linked to a mapped drive on my computer. :P

    By Blogger James, at 11:59 PM  

  • Ahhh those wonderful mapped drives. I still have nightmares from my Novell class and trying to master the art of mapping to a drive.

    Fortunately, I knew enough about everything else in that course that I still finished with an A. No thanks to mapping.

    By Blogger tlcreb17, at 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home